Heart of an Overcomer

by - 7:01 PM



These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 
1 John 5:4

For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 
1 John 4:4

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  Ezekiel 36:26


The heart of an overcomer is beautiful. It seeks first the Kingdom of God. It seeks to ease other’s care before its own. It’s very heartbeat is, “Lord none of me and all of you. You have overcome.  Give me the strength to overcome.”

Compromise is shunned, turning back is not an option. Ever forward, ever upward, never ceasing, ever praising. With the Captain of Heaven as a guide, it dares to press forward. A flame of hope is within and it cannot be dimmed or blown out.

The heart of an overcomer is in everyone of God’s children. So many allow the stubble and the superficial to darken this beautiful heart given them by God. Instead, they are weak, with no conviction and no strength to resist. The weakest wind seems to topple them and the smallest wave drifts them. They find themselves tossed here and there, with no direction and no hope. Their overcomer’s heart slowly becomes hardened and they soon make the timeless excuses, “It can’t be so bad.” “Others have done it” “Just this once”.
The choices they make and the answers they find are in strange waters.  Their hearts become weak and their overcomer’s spirit is now lost.

I, personally, have found that when the waves of the world encompass me I start to find my heart quiver within me. I struggle with discouragement, humiliation, and despair. But, there is one sure remedy when I go astray.

With the tears of broken dreams, I go to my Saviour, the great heart-healer, and ask for every particle holding me back from overcoming be swept away. And then, I watch as He works and as I walk by His side my heart strengthens. And I know that I am an overcomer through HIM already.

This blog is to encourage. To uplift. To inspire. You have been given an overcomer’s heart through Jesus Christ your Lord. You are made to conquer. To fight the good fight. To overcome.

You are made for more than this. You were placed here just for this time, this moment, this place in History for a special reason. 

So, chin up Overcomer! You have much to live for. Much to love for.  Many to inspire, uplift, and encourage.

This blog is for YOU. Because you are beautifully and wonderfully created in the image of God. And you WILL overcome through CHRIST within you!


You May Also Like

0 comments