Waiting for Your Miracle

by - 2:42 PM





Joshua 1:5 - There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

We often look into the lives of Bible heroes - faithful men and women of God - Moses, Joshua, Deborah, and Esther - and wonder “What did they do, that I don’t have?” “Look at all the miracles in their lives… the grand escapes, the gallant heroisms, and the conquering of adversities."

Oh yes, you have these too. Many miracle you don’t notice. Why? Because half the time you are so caught up in your problems, your “what to do next” lists, and your musings of tomorrow, that you cannot see what is before you in plain sight - right now, in the present.

With faith, patience, and a drawing closer to God we also can be men and women of God’s choosing. Men and women that fulfill his purposes and are change-makers in this world. 

Jesus promises to Joshua that He would be to him as he was to Moses. And that promise is for us as well!

We are reminded in Hebrews 13:5 “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”

In Hebrews we are turned to the promise that was made in the Old Testament and re-affirmed. This promise is for us. It is for each of us individually.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. John 1:12

We are given the power to overcome. Then why are we WAITING for our miracles? Why don’t we put our lives in such a place that we are in the center of God’s plan - and then the miracles will happen! 

We should be concerned with being in God’s perfect will and wanting to be taught that perfect will for our lives.

Psalm 143:10 says, “Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.” 

Don’t feel that because Moses, Joshua, Deborah, and Esther did amazing things for God that you can’t do it because of 
this or that reason.

God uses the weakest of the weak. He doesn’t need to use famous people to do HIs bidding. He doesn’t need to use the richest people to help others.

Instead, most often He uses people like you and me. People with faults and weaknesses, who are tempted and fail many times.

But He says to you and me, “My GRACE is sufficient for thee! I will make your way perfect through my strength, not yours, so others can see the miracles that I give and I give alone!”

2 Corinthians 12:9 defines our strength. “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

Then we will only be able to praise God for the successes He gives us, the people we are able to bring to Him, and those lives we are able to touch. We will only be able to point to HIM for all that we do, because we know we are wholly HIS and we are useless without HIM.

We must have complete dependency on Christ. Without Him we are 100% nothing and can do nothing  -  at least nothing that matters for good!

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5

So instead of waiting for your miracle, your big break, or anything like that - look to Christ for His strength, His Grace, and His love. 

Then, your life will be filled with everyday miracles - you’ll notice the little things of life that are miracles, the bigger ones which keep and sustain you, and the largest one of all - The miracle of Jesus in your life living through you and shining out to a world that needs HIM.

YOU can be a Deborah, an Esther, a Joshua, a Moses. Yes, we need more of those people in our world today. Will you accept the call to surrender and live each day solely for Jesus Christ and let HIM make your weakness a perfect platform for His strength?

Then you will live a fulfilled life that is complete in Christ. Knowing that whatever life might bring, one of the biggest miracles is the fact that you have Jesus living in your heart! 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow, I love the punchline of this devotional, God uses us in big ways but often we cannot tell because of our distractedness, if we look to God instead of our problems, we will overcome!

    ReplyDelete